Thanks for the giveaway!
My 3 year old only wears dresses and skirts, so I am naturally drawn to those. The one with the green & blue is great!
Thanks for the giveaway!
My 3 year old only wears dresses and skirts, so I am naturally drawn to those. The one with the green & blue is great!
Next week I am getting out of this house. I am going to be making playdates next week because… wait did I mention I’m getting out of the house. 🙂 Problem being I am not going to be able to throw money around the town for fun things to do. That won’t stop me.
Next week I already know we are going to Suson Park to meet the farm animals and then we are going to tackle the botanical gardens (I’m a member so it’ll be free to get in, we’ll just have to pay for the kids to get into the kids garden). Those two places will be FUN!!! I also have calls or e-mails into all the cousins. I decided not to sign my kids up for anything this summer (except horse riding lessons), we’re going to have fun doing other stuff.
JT and I also decided that we are going to go someplace local every couple of weekends this summer (or at least try to). We were excited to go to the Smokies but just coldn’t get a huge lump sum to go so instead we are going to take a couple day trips here and there. Much more afforadable.
Our first weekend of fun will be next weekend. We are taking the kids to see UP! Easy enough and fun, the kids will love it, they can’t wait to see Dug. A couple other excursions include:
I also want to go camping but JT isn’t a big fan of camping. I think it would be fun to do for one night, but we don’t even own a tent.
That’s quite a list, but we are excited to tackle it and very excited to show the kids all these things. So now that I have a list, I just need to set the reservations and game plan. I’m an over planner can you tell?
Other things we’ll have fun doing this summer:
There are so many fun things to do in the summer, I can’t wait. Plus I am waiting to hear about a membership to our local pool so even though the kids aren’t signed up for a ton of lessons, they will still have a great summer.
Miss L has been busy, since school is now out I have decided that she can pick her outfits for the summer. Who cares!!! The only time I don’t give in, when we are going out for a special occasion. Otherwise.. let the clothes fly.
Here are a pair of shoes she’s been wearing around the house, they are a pair of Fancy Nancy shoes from Target
Here she is in her “hula” skirt (that’s what she calls it), a red shirt and her pink and blue polka-dot rain boots. At least the skirt and shirt match
Then today I let her pick out her own outfit and to inspire her I let her watch Ro and Ree’s flickr slideshow. She looked at me after watching the slideshow and said, “Can I dress like those girls?” I told her of course she could. This is what she came up with…
She chose a dress I found at Target (that I love), I was saving it for a special outing but she couldn’t wait to wear the dress. Then she paired it with a pair of orange leggings from Children’s Place. Not bad. I never would’ve put these two together, but it looks cute.
Of course she had to add an accessory later… Fancy Nancy paper glasses
We went to my friend Heather’s house for a barbecue and had a great time. I kept meaning to blog about it, but life kind of got in the way. Here’s Heather’s post
Here’s the recipe Heather found.
After a while the Daddies took over.
We had a great time and the kids can’t stop talking about their new friends. Savannah and L were so cute sitting at the dining room table drawing and talking to each other, I wish I had gotten a picture of that. Can’t wait to get together again soon.
Today is the day!!! Thanks for passing through.
Do you have a little girl? If the answer is yes than my giveaway is perfect for you. My cousin has an etsy store and she sells the CUTEST fabric headbands. The one I am giving away is made of yellow gingham with a purple and white polka dot flower. In the center of the flower is a huge white button. There are purple satin ribbons that measure 11″ long. The headband itself is 17″ long. Here’s a picture…
To enter to win the little girl headband please visit the etsy store LivvieLee and leave a comment telling me what your favorite item is in her store (mine are the skirts she makes, my daughter loves them and they are often featured here on my blog). I will randomly draw a winner on May 31st at 9:00 pm (CST) and post as soon as possible, please make sure you include an e-mail address/way I can get a hold of you. I will not be shipping internationally so sorry to any these wonderful women out there.
I love this list. It’s a list of the 100 things you must do before you enter kindergarten and since L will be a kindergartener next year I thought it would be fun to coss some stuff off this list. I found it on several different blogs and now can’t remember exactly where I pulled it, so sorry out there. This takes my mind off of what else is going on here in my house 🙂 The ones that we have done are in bold
1. Go to the zoo – living so close we have been so many times, too many to count and I am sure we will be back this summer
2. Visit a farm – want to visit Suson Park or Purina Farms this summer
3. Go on a hike – we did this on Mother’s Day and it was a ton of fun
4. Play with kittens or puppies
5. Catch a frog
6. Make a gigantic mess – are you kidding me? She does this everyday
7. Help clean up a gigantic mess – you’d better believe I’m not cleaning all of that up by myself
8. Master the monkey-bars
9. Swing high up into the sky all by themselves
10. Try ice-skating
11. Go sledding – we bought her her first sled this winter and she was able to use it a couple of times
12. Make a snow-man – we do this every time it snows
13. Blow bubbles- Yep it’s a favorite pasttime of ours
14. Plant seeds and watch them grow
15. Have a pillow fight
16. Jump on a big bed – I catch her and her brother jumping on my bed all the time
17. Jump on a trampoline or in a bounce house – we visit Monkey Joes frequently
18. Hang out in a tent – I told JT that I want to buy a tent and take the kids camping this summer, he looked at me like I have three eyes, we’ll see
19. Spend days at the beach – I dream of taking my kids to the beach someday
20. Build sandcastles – we’ve done this on the beach at the river and in our sandbox
21. Go fishing – last year while at the lake we went fishing off the dock, we never caught anything but L sure did have a good time.
22. Go out on a boat – my kids have been fortunate enough to be out on a boat a few times in their lives
23. Play with blocks and puzzles – of course, all the time
24. Read the classic picture books – yes
25. Read a classic chapter book – yep
26. Check out library books with their own library card – no we haven’t done this yet, didn’t know they could
27. Get a passport – no this probably won’t happen for a while
28. Carve a pumpkin – every October she attempts to carve her own pumpkin and every year she is more helpful when her Daddy takes over
29. Hold a newborn baby (to see how much they’ve grown) – yes she was able to hold our friends newborn baby
30. Love a special doll or stuffed animal – kitty has been her friend since she was 14 months old
31. Bake cookies and cakes – oh yeah we all have sweet tooths in this family
32. Help plan their own birthday party – she helped me from start to finish with her Fancy Nancy party
33. Go to the circus – we are planning on attending Circus Flora next month
34. Go to a museum on a quiet weekday – great idea
35. Play hide-and-seek – JT plays hide-and-seek with the kids all the time, they love it and run around screaming
36. Play a board game – we have game night at least once a week and we let the kids pick what games they want to play
37. Do nothing whatsoever all day – yeah we do this more than I’d like to admit
38. Try a sport – she tried soccer and she didn’t like it so we moved on to swimming, which she loves
39. Watch a sporting event – we are going to a Cardinals game around Father’s Day
40. Learn to swim – she is right now and she is a natural
41. Be tickled in hysterics – of course
42. Paint and draw as much as desired – she’s our little artist
43. Have the use of scissors and glue – yep she is always being crafty
44. Display artworks and other creations around the house – she also likes to use tape, which means there is always artwork around the house.
45. Learn to use a camera (and keep an album of the results!) – she is a budding photographer plus her pictures are really good, I do need to start an album, who knows maybe she will be famous someday
46. Play with clay
47. Pick flowers – a favorite thing of hers to do
48. Climb a tree
49. Gaze at the moon and stars – yes we do this often
50. Toast marshmallows – she did this on Halloween and she didn’t really like them
51. Learn to eat an ice-cream cone – It just never occurred to me to get her a cone, I just always get a cup
52. Watch a sunset – yeah we’ve done this and sat and talked about it
53. Learn to write their own names – I love that she can write her own name now
54. Learn their addresses and telephone numbers – yes she just learned these this spring, thanks in part to my mom
55. Learn their parents’ full names – she knows our first and last names but not our middle
56. Set the table – every night she sets our table
57. Clear the table – she clears her plate, everyone does their own in our house
58. Help wash the dishes – nah, our dishwasher does most of the work, maybe someday she will load it for us
59. Learn to say their pleases and thank yous and excuse mes – of course, my children must use their manners at all times
60. Watch fireworks – yes, the best in the US – Walt Disney World last year
61. Go to the ballet or theater or a puppet show – she’s been to the theater to see a couple of movies
62. Put on a ballet or play or puppet show at home – she has entertainment in her blood
63. Face paint – no she runs the other way everytime I suggest it at the zoo
64. Dress up in costumes at will – she changes her outfit 5 times a day and it’s usually a costume of some sort
65. Learn rhymes and poems and songs by heart – yep
66. Have a dance party
67. Enjoy friends at preschool and at the park – yep quite frequently
68. Invite friends over to play – all the time
69. Get to know grandparents – our grandparents are an important everyday part of our lives
70. Play with cousins – sure whenever we can
71. Become attached to a wonderful preschool teacher and/or babysitter – she was very sad to be leaving Mrs. O’Toole behind this year
72. Learn the name of our president – how could she not know the name of our president after all the media attention
73. Know the name of their town, state and country – yep
74. Be familiar with a map of the world
75. Listen to music from many different ages and genres – yeah she likes to listen to my radio station
76. Hear and learn words from a different language – thank you Manny and Dora, we can now say some spanish words and count to 10 in Spanish
77. Learn the difference between trash and recycling
78. Grow their own vegetables
79. Learn to ride a bike (or try!) – She just received her first bike for her birthday
80. Take a road trip – yep to Florida/Disney World last year
81. Draw a self-portrait – she had to in preschool all the time
82. Slurp alphabet soup – sure during the winter
83. Learn to twirl spaghetti on a fork
84. Pick apples – last september we went as a family
85. Star in a home movie – all the time
86. Learn a magic trick – we bought a wand at the dollar store that looks like it floats up your hand and she has that mastered
87. Try different hair-dos – we experiment all the time
88. Practice writing letters – she loves writing her letters
89. Practice counting to 100
90. Make up stories – quite an imagination she has
91. Send a letter – yep we are currently working on thank you letters from her birthday
92. Receive a letter – she finds this exciting
93. Ride on a merry-go-round – yep
94. Give away toys and books to less fortunate children – of course
95. Learn the value of coins and bills
96. Keep a piggy bank – yes, it’s a snow white bank and she has $23
97. Try a musical instrument
98. Have a heartfelt wish granted – seeing the princesses and eating in Cinderella’s castle on her birthday
99. Have a heartfelt wish denied – she wants to go back and do Disney World again, too expensive
100. Receive a million (make that a billion) heartfelt kisses and hugs from their parents – is this a trick question?! of course.
Feel free to use this list yourself just send me a comment so I can come over and read your list. I guess we have a couple more things to cross of the list but all in due time.
Our first day of summer vacation, poop is all cleaned up and I was going to start reorganizing the basement. I had an appointment today with the gas man to come and replace our meter downstairs, you know I completely forgot. Of course I did what with all the chaos yesterday so I was laying on the couch this morning (JT took the car) in my jammies, no shower and L was still sleeping, I hear a big car pull up outside. Oh shit! Oh shit! The gas man was here. Lovely, I was running around getting my robe and the dogs all put away and I twisted my knee something awful (it’s been bugging me since I started my workout). So I let the gas man in downstairs and he starts working away, I hear a knock at my back door and he tells me we have a gas leak, several little ones actually. He needs to check behind my stove, so he comes in shuts down my stove and heads back downstairs to see if the pipes are now holding pressure, um no they aren’t. So he turns off my gas and locks it with pipes not attached downstairs and tells me to call a contractor to come and fix it, um aren’t you the gas company? Shouldn’t you be fixing the problem? He leaves and that’s that.
I have called my mom who is handling the situation with the gas company over the phone (it’s her building) and JT is on his way home to help me move some things in my basement so either a contractor or someone can come and fix everything. It’s gonna be one of those weeks. Seriously!!!
I told the kids what was going on and L says, “What does that mean?” I calmly say “well we don’t have any hot water and I can’t cook on the stove”. L being the cute little girl she is says, “That means no mac & cheese, no noodles, no soup, no cookin nasun” Yep, that’s right baby… Nasun (nothing)!!!
*UPDATE: No one was available to come out and fix the leak today so we are still without gas and we aren’t positive if someone will be able to come out tomorrow. It’s extremely frustrating and we are extremely pissed off at the gas company. They told us that they can’t fix it because they didn’t break it, also the guy that was here told me that they don’t want him spending too much time here, so looking into the leak isn’t possible. So what are they good for? What do they do? They sure are quick to collect your money or shut your gas off if you can’t pay them. Nothing like having a monopoly control your gas.
I am so thankful for everything in my life, all of my blessings. The other night I started to think about all of the little things that just make me smile, the things that happen frequently.
1. Carrying my sleeping children to their beds, it rarely happens but it makes me smile when it does.
2. Scared kids crawling into bed and just needing a cuddle to feel safe. During a thunderstorm is when it happens the most.
3. My son’s random kisses, always on my cheek, always unexpected and always wet.
4. Watching my children succeed at something brand new, like soccer and swimming.
5. A fire in a fireplace keeping your warm while watching it snow outside (I think this has happened maybe a handful of times in my life)
6. Laughing with my husband at a joke we both share.
7. The cool summer breeze after a rainstorm, the smell is one of the best parts too.
8. Listening to my children ask questions or say something that makes JT and I share a giggle or a smile. Like yesterday on our way to our friend’s we passed a huge white church and L says, “Look J it’s Washington”. Meaning she thought it was Washington D.C.
9. A moment of silence, no explanation needed 🙂
10. A good night’s sleep, even though this happens rarely, it’s one of the best feeling in the world.
With my list done now I am off to bed to hopefully revisit #10, we’ll see. Visit Oh Amanda for more top ten lists.