I am so thankful for everything in my life, all of my blessings. The other night I started to think about all of the little things that just make me smile, the things that happen frequently.
1. Carrying my sleeping children to their beds, it rarely happens but it makes me smile when it does.
2. Scared kids crawling into bed and just needing a cuddle to feel safe. During a thunderstorm is when it happens the most.
3. My son’s random kisses, always on my cheek, always unexpected and always wet.
4. Watching my children succeed at something brand new, like soccer and swimming.
5. A fire in a fireplace keeping your warm while watching it snow outside (I think this has happened maybe a handful of times in my life)
6. Laughing with my husband at a joke we both share.
7. The cool summer breeze after a rainstorm, the smell is one of the best parts too.
8. Listening to my children ask questions or say something that makes JT and I share a giggle or a smile. Like yesterday on our way to our friend’s we passed a huge white church and L says, “Look J it’s Washington”. Meaning she thought it was Washington D.C.
9. A moment of silence, no explanation needed 🙂
10. A good night’s sleep, even though this happens rarely, it’s one of the best feeling in the world.
With my list done now I am off to bed to hopefully revisit #10, we’ll see. Visit Oh Amanda for more top ten lists.