I haven’t been blogging. I’ve been working. Busy actually which is fantastic. So blogging takes a backseat to my starting business. So I had a brilliant idea, I will top ten the things we’ve been up to this summer to keep you all up to date and actually for me too when I look back in a year. Oh and these are in no particular order.
1. We’ve seen all of the animated hits this summer (would you call Shrek a hit, not really) anyway the kids love searching for the movie poster and running to stand in front so I will snap a picture of them with my iPhone. Sometimes the sun was in their face, they didn’t care.
2. L can now swim underwater without a floaty. So proud. She’s made huge strides in swimming this year. Still not enough to trust her in there by herself or to swim in water where she can’t stand but we’re getting there. I don’t have a picture of this new feat because I’m usually hovering over her instead but she loves her goggles and hasn’t been without them… even in the backyard pool.
3. My mom took us to City Museum. It was our first visit and may be our only one for a while. That place is crazy. I had a hard time keeping up. Plus it’s so expensive. Looking through all of these pictures the day definitely deserves it’s own post.
4. My friend and I took L and her daughter to see Beauty and the Beast at the Muny. It was a lot of fun, sure it was sweltering but as long as we had water we were good.
5. We are counting down to our Disney trip with a movie night once a week. We have a themed dinner to represent the movie, we do a craft or activity and then watch the movie. Strike that. The kids and I watch the movie. JT sleeps. Oh and on the note of Disney we have 74 days!!! I hired a travel agent that is awesome, if you want her info I can pass it on. I have been able to relax. This picture is from our Meet the Robinsons movie night.
6. I took my mom to see Wicked. It was a really great play. Funny!!! A little weird at the end but hey I just went with it. I don’t have a picture of mom and I there, wish I did. We had great seats and we were all dressed up and pretty. But alas no picture.
7. The kids are doing great with their horse riding lessons. Both are good listeners and really enjoying their weekly lesson.
8. We’ve been hanging out with our friends and their new baby. Whom we all adore and love. Wanna see his newborn pics. They are on my hollajane blog here. Oh and he graces my header over there. So cute. Always looking for more cuties to photograph. His session was at 3 weeks old and it took two days. Poor guy was a little grumpy the first day. But all of them turned out so fantastic, if I do say so myself.
9. JT and I took the kids to Grants Farm on one of JT’s days off. L’s favorite animals were the clydesdales and J’s favorite part was the gift shop 🙂
10. Finally we had a family reunion in Salem, MO which was a lot of fun. It deserves it’s own post if I ever get done with editing pics I can get those up and loaded.
So there you have it, it’s been a great summer so far. L starts school August 16th and I feel like there is so much more we want to do. Like Six Flags, Purina Farms, picnic at Suson Park, Jungle Boogie, Movie night at Laumeier Sculpture Park…. lots of stuff. We haven’t even been to the zoo this year.
See more top ten lists at Oh Amanda.