These are the shows I “heart”. I never want to miss and the ones that I am sad go into repeat over the summer or winter depending on their seasons. I have a horrible track record with shows. Once I get fully engrossed and in love they always seem to be cancelled, case in point: Men in Trees. So I am extremely hopeful these are on at least until I tire of them.
1. The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency/HBO/Sundays at 8:00 pm – This is my new favorite show. I have read the first four books in the series by Alexander McCall Smith. I happened upon this show in a magazine, I think it was People. Freaked out immediately because I was excited but also because it was premiering that same day. I quickly scheduled my DVR and haven’t missed it since. The only problem, it’s finale is next Sunday. WTF??? There’s only been 6 episodes…
2. Monk/USA/Summer 2009 new season begins – Make that last season. I love this show. I have been watching this show since Sharona was Monk’s personal assistant. It’s been a while, eight years to be exact. This show is downright funny and will be missed terribly when it’s final season airs.
3. Psych/USA/Summer new season begins– This is on after Monk so that would be how I discovered this show. It’s awesome!!! Shawn and Gus crack me up. I think it’s sometimes even funnier than Monk. We have found ourselves laughing so hard we cry. Never disappoints.
4. Criminal Minds/CBS/Wednesdays at 9:00 – This show is really creepy and I usually hate creepy but for some reason I always go back for more. It’s pretty typical to find me watching this show through my fingers. It deals with scary situations, like serial killers, moms being taken and killed, kids being kidnapped, etc. It could possibly prevent you from ever leaving your house again, but you’ll keep going back for more.
5. Brothers & Sisters/ABC/Sundays at 9:00– I love all this family drama. Sally Field and her family constantly argue about their lives and you would think that it would get old, but the writers are goooooood! I have tired of it yet, in fact I look forward to it every Sunday.
6. How I Met Your Mother/CBS/Mondays at 7:30– Suit up!!! Barney is wait for it… awesome!! Sometimes I feel like I am the only one that watches this show but I really think it’s funny and enjoy the story lines.
7. The Office/NBC/Thursdays at 8:00– This show is super crazy, sometimes you laugh til you cry and other times you cringe because it’s just ridiculous. No matter what you gotta love this show. Did you see Meredith’s casual outfit, OMG!! See that’s the stuff I’m talking about, hilarious.
8. Jon & Kate Plus 8/TLC/Mondays new season on May 25th – A guilty pleasure that I sit and watch with L. She actually requests to watch it more than I do, but it is true I never miss an episode.
9. Desperate Housewives/ABC/Sundays at 8:00 – I really loved this show once upon a time, it was can’t miss. Then I took a season off, heard some news about the show and rejoined again two years ago. Loving it again. Want to see Dave take a dive but a stake through the heart is so last season.
10. Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood/Oxygen/Premieres May 26th at 9:00– A guilty pleasure I have to admit. It’s pure delight to sit and watch Tori Spelling and Dean live their lives with their two kids on TV.
That was a pretty easy list to make actually. I just surfed my DVR. Wanna check out more top ten lists, visit OhAmanda.