Wow has it been a while since I’ve done a Top Ten List. I’ve been really busy this summer and I’ve been working as a Photographer’s Assistant for Holly McCaig. I feel like I’m cheating… I get paid to do something awesome. I’m extremely fortunate. So here’s the 10 things I love about my job.
1. How much I am learning. Like make sure your memory card is in your camera before you start shooting. But seriously, she is teaching me all about focus and exposure.
2. The people you meet. Everyone is so nice that we have photographed.
3. I now walk around and notice great spots for photo sessions.
4. I’m getting more sure of myself and my photography. I’m starting to feel like “I can do this”.
5. The chance to take one of her classes or learn more about photoshop from her.
6. Someone to share my ideas with. If I see something in a magazine or on-line not only do I share it with my friend S, but now I can share it with Holly too.
7. I like projects. For instance today we switched her studio around and I loved being there and helping her think it all through.
8. My supportive and loving husband who makes it all possible. He watches the kids so I can go work.
9. The fun that is yet to come, like helping shoot a wedding, or a newborn baby and possibly even boudoir. There is talk that maybe someday I could be a second shooter.
10. I have a new friend. Holly is awesome.
If you are interested in viewing other people’s top ten lists you can visit Oh Amanda.