Before I start with my grand list, I just want ya’ll to know that I read a ton of blogs everyday and I love them all or I wouldn’t keep coming back. But these blogs are ones that I check on first, one that make me laugh out loud daily and the ones I identify with the most.
1. Big Mama. I know ya’ll read Big Mama, if you don’t, you have no idea what you are missing. She brings out the ya’ll in me (I only lived in Texas for 3 years) everytime I read her blog. It was hard to choose a favorite post of Big Mama’s because she cracks me up daily and I have her to blame thank for the introduction to the Shred but one of her most recent posts made me laugh out loud, I even made JT read this post.
2. Where Life Becomes Art. This is my friend from grade school and high school and while catching up she read my blog, which led to her starting her own. I am so happy she did because I love checking to see if she had updated her blog and she updates almost as often as I do. This would just one of my favorite posts of hers, oh and this one.
3. A Mom and Her Camera. One of my favorite photography blogs but not only do I read her blog for her photography but also because she’s a mommy and that comes first. I think she’s is hysterical and she’s local so that’s always a plus in my mind. She was recently voted #3 best photography blog in the Professional Photographer Magazine. Here are two of my favorite posts.
4. Karen Russell. A scrapbooking, photographer and mommy. I adore reading about all of her adventures and viewing all of her photos. I dream of taking her photography class someday. She’s simply brilliant. I really, really had a hard time picking just one or two of my favorite posts. I pretty much like them all, but if I had to choose one of her posts full of photographs I want to duplicate it would be this one and this is one post that I was able to fully identify with. I just found another one…. I have to stop now or I could be here a while.
5. Holly McCaig/St. Louis Photographer. How cute are these pictures?! I wish I had the cash to spend on one because they are so fun and the colors are amazing. I first found out about Holly through my scrapbooking kit club, paper posies. They would send her paper in their kits and it was amazing. Although she doesn’t design the paper anymore she does design digital kits for 2Peas. So after all that, I discovered that she is also a photographer. She does it all. You can also find her at Pink Ink. I loved this engagement session, I found it inspiring.
6. Do They Have Salsa in China. This Californian mom has twin girls she adopted from China (Ro and Ree) and they are the sweetest little things. I found her link on my friends blog (#2) and now L and I participate in her Friday carnival, Fashion Friday. I love reading all about Ro and Ree, she recently did a post where you take a picture of your day every couple of hours and it was fun to read, you should check it out here. She has a giveaway this week – I love giveaways, doesn’t everyone. Check it out here.
7. Sew Mama Sew. I love this crafty blog, the sewing projects are always fantastic and pretty and inspiring. My favorite posts by far are the Featured Creativity posts. One of these days I am going to make myself a Buttercup Purse/Bag.
8. Everyday Life. This is my friend Heather’s blog and I love reading her blog because it feels fresh and it tends to be things that I can relate with. It also helps that she is in the area, has two kids, a boy and girl that are the same ages as my kids, oh and she’s in my book club. This is one of her funnier posts she did recently and really what mom hasn’t been able to type this post.
9. Oh.My.Words. I found Nicole’s blog through Heather (the blog mentioned above) and I love checking everyday for her updates. She is a mom, a teacher, a scrapbooker and a photographer. A woman after my own heart. She has two boys and I love all the pictures she takes and shares, especially from this post (I couldn’t agree more). She likes lists and I love that she will sometimes just post a random list from things going on inside her head.
10. Together For Good. I have never met Erin personally but I feel like I know her. I have been reading about Erin and her family since she had a blog on some scrapbooking website (something like two years) that I can’t remember the name of. She is hilarious. Cracks me up. She has two boys, an angel baby in heaven and a brand new beautiful baby girl. You have to read this post, I sometimes make my husband read her posts and this is one I he was told to peruse. Her tender/thoughtful posts are just as fantastic, like this one she wrote for new baby. But this post, this one right here makes me feel like I am not alone in this daily life of mommyhood.
Okay so there are 10 of my favorite blogs to read. It does not include all of my favorites. It took a while to put this list together and I hope the women behind these blogs do not mind me using some of their posts as links but I feel they are all worthy of being favorite blogs whether you agree or disagree. Check out Oh, Amanda for more top ten lists (see she would be one that I would add if I had more room).