Here is my Top Ten List of people you should never stand next to at a party. My husband and I had a great time coming up with this list because we have all been cornered by one or more of these “people”.
- The self seller. Someone who has to sell you on how perfect their lives are. If they have to convince you, it’s probably not really all that great. You know they talk about all the things they own and purchase and the places they visit, without being asked.
- The drunk repeater. The person who has told you the same story three times in one night. Oh, did you hear the one about…
- The uninterested. You know the one that asks a question but looks around as you are telling them the answer. They are just being polite, or so they think, completely rude.
- The prowler or grazer. The guy or girl that is always scanning the party for the next best thing. Someone who they predict to be prettier or smarter, than say you.
- The know-it-all that doesn’t know a damn thing. Whether it be a Super Bowl Party (they know all about the game, but can’t name a single player) or an Oscar Party (they’ve seen all the movies that are nominated but can’t tell you who played what character).
- The cultured snob. They know everything there is to know about Art, Wine, Movies, Sudan’s civil wars or just about anything that they think makes them look smarter than you.
- The Insulter. If you say you like a movie that you’ve seen recently their response “really, how could you possibly like that movie, only a moron would like that movie” or “Why are you wearing that? That is so last season”.
- The gossip. They stand in a corner with all of their friends and whisper behind their hands as everyone passes by, they are basically stuck in high school.
- The open book. This person will reveal everything to you, from the last day of their last period to the sexual relationship, you often look back in horror or scream… TMI!!!
- The food critic. Turns their nose up at all the hor’ deurves and the main dish and will always mention where they’ve had better. Can usually be seen standing next to the cultured snob.
There you have, this of course is my opinion and nothing else. If you would like to visit more Top Ten Lists please visit Oh Amanda.