This is my very first Top Ten Tuesday, it was easy today because I have been working on this list in my drafts for a week now. Check out more Top Ten Lists or feel free to play along at Oh Amanda.
Need a good feel good movie or just a good cry??? These will make you cry every single stinkin time but usually have a good ending. There are some spoilers for each movie so this is just a warning – Do not read if you don’t want me to spoil the movie for you. Keep in mind this list is only movies I have seen and remember. I am sure there are a million tear jerkers out there but these are the ones that stayed with me.
- Return to Me with Minnie Driver and David Duchovny – Bob’s wife dies in a car crash and she is an organ donor. Grace needs a heart transplant, she receives Bob’s wifes heart. He finally agrees to go on a blind date to a quirky Irish-Italian eatery, there he falls for not his blind date but the sharp-witted waitress… Grace.
- Steel Magnolias – Oh you cannot watch this movie and claim that you have never cried, I would think you’re a liar. When Shelby dies and M’Lynn is at the gravesite screaming and crying, I bawl like a baby. But then laugh hysterically when Clairee tells M’Lynn to hit Ouiser.
- Top Gun – Goose’s death scene is by far the saddest EVER.
- Titanic – Another doozy. Please, when Rose has to peel Jack’s hands off of the wood she’s floating on and he sinks slowly down into the water so that she can save herself, ugly cry ensues.
- Pay It Forward – Such a sweet movie about a little boy who decides to do an experiment, you do something nice for someone and tell them to pass it on or “pay it forward”. When he is killed for doing a good thing, it just breaks your heart.
- Terms of Endearment – Lord I can barely even talk about this movie without tearing up, if you haven’t seen it, you must.
- Beaches – Aw man, this is a hard list to put together but it cannot be complete without Beaches. The friends, the little girl, the music it all make my heart melt.
- She’s Having A Baby – This is a pretty funny and cute movie but the scene where he is in the waiting room while his wife is in surgery, his father-in-law gives him this look, he looks up and cries and the mix of the music, makes me cry everytime.
- My Life – So sad. He’s dying and has an unborn child on the way. He decides to videotape everything he wants his son to know. Cry like a baby.
- P.S. I Love You – I have never sat through a movie like this… I literally cried through the entire beginning and I mean ugly cry. I am sure some of you can attest to the fact that this movie is SO sad.
There you have my top ten list of the Saddest Movies that make me cry. Wanna know what my criteria was?! It has to make me cry everytime I watch it and I have to remember crying while watching it (ex: I’ve seen Love Story but I don’t remember crying). There are several other sad movies out there so if you want to add some feel free to leave a comment and don’t forget to check out Oh Amanda.