- The other day (wednesday) I totally forgot that L had early dismissal, even though it was posted on each of the doors and I had known since Dec 1st. Really I am usually on top of these things. I was mortified. Luckily they put L in J’s classroom until I got there 20 minutes late for her and 10 minutes early for him.
- L went shopping at school the other day at their gift shop and she brought home her backpack and was so proud of herself for picking out gifts and she won’t let us peek. I am such a dork that I totally want to peek. What is wrong with me? Last year I helped out at the shop but this year I didn’t volunteer so maybe that’s why. The control freak in me needs to know but the mom in me is letting it go.
- I am currently drinking 6 or more cups of coffee a day. I make my own now instead of going to Quiktrip. I usually treat myself to one Starbucks a week, usually on Thursday afternoons before dance class (either a Vanilla Latte or a Caramel Latte- yum! Wait today’s Thursday – yes!)
- I am completely addicted to Little Debbie’s Soft Gingerbread Cookies. Yum!!! The only place I can find them is Target and they were on sale today 4 for $5 but I could not bring myself to buy 4 boxes. Holy cow that would be a lot of cookies.
- I am going to attempt to make these yummy chocolate suckers my mom used to make every year for L’s class next Friday. We’ll see how they turn out. I am also in charge of decorations and I was at a complete loss until my brilliant mom pulled me out of the cloud.
- I have all but two gifts purchased and I haven’t wrapped a single thing. They are all being stored at my mom’s because I have absolutely no where to hide presents this year. We are at capacity with our crap.
- J is so cute when he says Mitmas and the speech therapist today told me to correct him every time he says it wrong… yeah well it’s damn cute lady so lay off. She’s a bit of a rag anyway.
- Today L and I did a good deed for someone else. There was a lady at the post office trying to balance three huge boxes, one large envelope and her wallet. Everytime she would try to lift them up they would fall all over so I quickly got L out of her carseat and we ran over to her and asked if she needed help. She handed me her envelope and wallet and we went in, picked our numbers and waited in this huge line. Then we let her go first. Sometimes no matter how crappy you feel helping someone else can make it a little better plus I was able to show L that being nice to someone else is a good thing. Lessons, they are all around us.