Now that I have a child in school there are school parties to plan and attend and I find that the hardest part is finding a game or activity for the kids to do. Crafts come easy to me so that’s never a problem.
At our party on Friday we plan on doing freeze dance with spooky Halloween music/sounds and also doing a mummy type of activity where one parent is going to bring toliet paper and then we’ll divide them into groups of two and they can wrap each other up in toliet paper to make each other mummies. I thought it could be fun, we’ll see though.
Here are some other types of entertainment for parties:
- Hot Pumpkin Game – exactly like hot potato but using one of those super small pumpkins.
- Pumpkin Walk – place different colored pumpkins on the floor and play music (similar to musical chairs) when the music stops you call out a color and the children standing on those colors gets a prize or candy.
- Halloween Bingo – Just have a small amount of squares and play full board for the younger set. Have pictures on the game board and then call out “witch” or “bat” or “pumpkin” and then they can place pumpkins or beans on the ones called out.
- Spider Web – take a ball of yarn and have one person start by holding the yarn and then throw it to the next person and continue until the yarn is all gone.
- Bean Bag Toss – Get some tin buckets (they have them at Target) and bean bags and play bean bag toss or you can have them play together.
- Pumpkin Hunt – While the kids are out of the room you can hide pumpkins around the room and everyone has to find one. When they have found them all you can serve them a snack.
- Popcorn Relay Race – All it takes are two big bowls of popcorn and some small cups per team. Have them run and get a cupful of popcorn and transfer it to the bowl across the room. The first team done wins.
These are just a few ideas! I hope I helped someone out there who couldn’t come up with a fun activity to do at your child’s Halloween party. It’s always the part that’s lacking out our parties. Maybe now it won’t be.
Don’t forget to enter to win the $25 Gift Certificate to Build-A-Bear here the drawing will be on Tuesday, November 4th.