My kids love books, almost as much as I do. They really love reading books about upcoming Holidays or Seasons so it should be no surprise to you that we have a ton of Halloween books. Here are some of my kids favorites:
- Skeleton Hiccups. I purchased this book through the Scholastic order form that J brought home from school. I am never really sure about Scholatic books but this is one of their favorites. You should hear J read this book to us. Cutest thing. I will try to get some video.
- Queen of Halloween. A new book by Mary Engelbreit. Very cute starring Ann Estelle, this was L’s pick this year.
- Cliffords Halloween. L went through a Clifford phase when she was two. It was all about Clifford all the time but this is the only book that we still read often.
- Halloween Jack. This was J’s pick this year. He really like the sound effects.
- Who’s There on Halloween. Even though this is a board book the kids like to solve the riddles leading to the character on the next page.
- Plumply, Dumply Pumpkin. Another board book about a little cat that picks a pumpkin and carves the pumpkin and wins first place.
- Froggy’s Halloween. Froggy books are always good books and this one doesn’t disappoint.
- Happy Halloween Stinky Face. This is our frist Stinky Face book and I have to say at first I was pretty put off by the fact that the mom calls him Stinky Face but it’s a really cute book about dealing with little ones fears on Halloween.
- Shake Dem Halloween Bones. I am not a huge fan of this book. I think it’s a little far fetched and I am personally not a fan of books I have to sing. But my kids love it so there you are.
Those are the books we have but these are the books I want to add to our library.
- The Night Before Halloween. I love these books. We own the night before vacation one.
- The Haunted Ghoul Bus. Very cute book. I sat down and read this to J one day at the book store. We didn’t bring it home with us that day. I should have.
I usually let the kids get one or two book each holiday or season. It’s a lot of fun and we as a family generally like to read.