Who doesn’t love a lazy Saturday afternoon on the couch watching VH1’s I Love the 80s – 3D. We are still watching it at 7:30 pm and we are on 1986. I was 10 and JT was 19.
You are able to relive all of those years and the things we forgot existed. Some of the people on the show are funny but there are some that… aren’t, like Paula Abdul and Alan Thicke. For instance:
- The Snorks
- Mad Balls – we had the Screamin Meemie, Oculus Orbis and Dust Brain
- Trying to remember what the evil dudes name was in The Smurfs (his cat too) – Gargamel and Azrael, thank you Google.
- Head of the Class – I was in love with Eric
- My Buddy Dolls and Kid Sister Dolls – is it me or do they remind you of a friendlier chucky?! I always wanted one of those Kid Sister ones.
- Band Aid’s Christmas song that we still hear to this day.
- Not Necessarily the News – do you remember this show. I had completely forgotten about it.
- The Legend of Billie Jean – best movie a youth of my age back then could have watched, in my opinion. FAIR IS FAIR and Pat Benatar singing Invincible, Christian Slater as Binx, classic.
- Lucas – with the ever not so popular back then Jeremy Piven and Charlie Sheen
- The Three Amigos – this movie used to make me cry from laughing so hard
There’s more, lots more. Things you thought you forgot about but they are still stored in your head and thanks to VH1 they bring all of it back to the surface. Gotta love it.