I know this will be a popular topic to blog about but did you watch? I love watching the opening ceremonies. I think it’s fun to watch all of the different countries march into the stadium holding their flag. But tonight’s ceremony was unreal. I could not believe the technology. I thought it was extremely entertaining and I couldn’t wait to see what they were going to do next.
* The drums were very cool especially when they did the countdown.
* How about the scrolled/rolling floor with moving pictures and dancers creating calligraphy.
* The blocks in the middle of the floor moving up and down to reveal most popularly the symbol for harmony only to reveal blossoms and all done by people. It was very cool.
* Of course the marching in of countries, where else do you learn of countries like Djibouti, Tuvalu, Eritrea and Suriname (forget Geography class this is better).
* The little 9 year old boy who walked with Yao Ming. He was an earthquake survivor. How cute was he?!
* And you cannot forget the lighting of the torch which was unbelievable.
I cannot wait to start watching some of the events. Being a high jumper myself in high school I have always been a fan of the track and field events but of course I enjoy gymnastics and swimming. I know that this isn’t an olympic moment but did you see the Office commerical for the Slapathon (I think that’s what it was called) that had to be the funniest commercial.
Enjoy the Olympics!